Cannabis Business Owner Issues Warning After High School Students Got Sick From Dabbing


In partnership with The Fresh Toast

After some high school kids overdosed on dabs, a cannabis business owner emphasized the importance of educating kids and parents on cannabis.

A cannabis business owner from Billings, Montana, wants to make people aware of the dangers of dabbing. His statement comes after some local high school students reported feeling sick after consuming some dabs.

Rich Abromeit, the CEO of Montana Advanced Caregivers, explained that dabs are much more concentrated than other marijuana products and that an overdose of them can feel and produce symptoms akin to being drunk.

marijuana dabbing wax
Photo by Roman Budnyi/Getty Images

“It would be like drinking too much,” he said. “You’re going to get nauseous, vomit, want to lie down. You’re going to want to sleep. You’re not going to be very coherent.”

RELATED: The Complete Guide To Cleaning Your Cannabis Bongs, Pipes, Dab Rigs, And Vapes

Abromeit then said that dabbing is often used by medical marijuana users or people who have built up a cannabis tolerance over the years. “If you came in with no tolerance and use something with 80 percent THC, it would be a miserable experience,” he said. “Your average cannabis these days is 18 to 22%. Dabs can be upwards to 90%, 92%.”

He then called for more information before a product is consumed and equated cannabis to alcohol in terms of different strengths and effects depending on the type. “Educating the public and public safety is the most important task I believe we have right now,” he said.

Earlier this week, two students from the local high school were taken to the hospital after overdosing on dabs.

RELATED: How To Enjoy Dabbing Without A Dab Rig

Public Schools Superintendent Greg Upham encouraged parents to speak with their kids regarding marijuana.

“You need to understand what this level of THC (the active ingredient in marijuana), and what the legalization of marijuana is all about for our kids,” he said.

Despite the scare, all students involved were now okay.

Read more on The Fresh Toast

Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.



Source link