CBD continues to grow in popularity, however, so do the number of less-reputable brands. If you’ve been thinking about using CBD as a regular part of your supplement regimen, then our guide to the strongest CBD oil will help you find the best brands and products on the market.
Today, more people are doing a better job at using natural methods to stay healthy. To that end, they are proactively doing what they need to do so that they can boost their health and support their overall wellness. Since the rise in popularity of CBD, many brands have cropped up onto the marketplace. There are also a variety of products being sold for a wide range of prices. When you’re new to CBD, it’s hard to know which products and brands are the best, and which ones aren’t that great. It’s important to remember that not all brands and products are created equal. And just because a product’s price feels good to your wallet, doesn’t mean that the product is of superior quality.
CBD oils come in many different strengths and flavors. Just as deciding between brands and products can be confusing, it can be equally as puzzling trying to decide which strength is the best for your overall needs. Our guide to the most potent hemp oil will help you learn which brands have the most potent CBD oils and which strengths might be right for you.
Top 10 Brands of Strongest CBD Oils and Tinctures in 2022
We spent countless hours pouring over reviews and research to come up with our top five strongest CBD brands. After much deliberation, our top five brands are:
- FAB CBD – Editor’s Pick
- NuLeaf Naturals – Most Potent
- Batch CBD — Science Driven
- Premium Jane — Solid Variety
- CBDistillery — Unique Formulations
- Joy Organics – Best Broad Spectrum
- CBDPure — Clean and Potent Products
- PlusCBD — Best Full-Spectrum
- MedTerra – Natural, Science-Backed Products
- Green Roads – Best Value
These well-respected, reputable brands rose to the top of our list because they create high-quality, potent CBD oils, are clean, and are highly transparent, among other factors. These brands exceeded our expectations when it came to CBD oil strength and potency. Moreover, they all had a strong listing of positive verified customer reviews and reputations for having amazing customer service departments.
What We Looked for in the Brands of the Strongest CBD Oils and Tinctures
When we began reviewing CBD oil brands, we started out with quite a lengthy list. We then whittled it down to something that was more manageable. Once we had a solid list of reputable brands, we next came up with criteria to help us narrow it down even further. Our top priority was to give our readers the top brands with the most potent CBD oil in 2022.
In figuring out our criteria, we honed in on:
- How long the brand has been in business
- The ingredients of the CBD oil
- Verified customer reviews
- Independent third-party laboratory reports
- If the lab reports were published on the brand’s website
- Hemp source
- Articles from CBD journalists and industry experts
- CBD oil strength and purity
- Brand reputation
- Product prices
Even though we were able to shorten our list, when we added in this extra criteria, the list began to grow again. In light of this, we ruthlessly narrowed it down again until we came up with our top five most potent CBD oil brands.
10 Strongest CBD Oils and Tinctures of 2022
Below are our top 10 brands for the strongest CBD oils and tinctures. Not only do these brands produce clean, potent, and effective products, but they also are highly trusted by consumers throughout the country. Moreover, these brands care about being transparent and about the quality of the products they create.
Since FAB CBD burst onto the scene in 2017, the brand has always taken the lead in its creation of clean and potent products, being transparent with its customers, and running a top-notch customer service department that’s both caring and helpful. FAB CBD has quickly grown in popularity throughout the years due to its reputation for being a trustworthy brand that creates top-of-the-line CBD products. The brand’s mission is to create the best CBD and nutritional products that help customers live a preventative wellness lifestyle.
Everyone who works at FAB CBD knows what’s entailed in making the brand’s mission come to life. Moreover, the team works hard to come up with and craft the very best CBD products for its customers. Customers and CBD experts alike sing the brand’s praises for having potent products as well as a strong customer service department that truly cares about the needs and concerns of its customers. It’s for all of these reasons, and many more, that we’ve selected FAB CBD as our top brand for our most potent CBD oils list in 2022.
At FAB CBD, transparency is a main priority. In order to show customers that they can fully trust that the brand’s products are potent and clean, FAB CBD uses the independent laboratory, ProVerde Laboratories, to test all of its products for purity and potency. The brand then publishes all of those test results on its website. Finally, all of FAB CBD’s full-spectrum oils are strong and effective, and are very popular among new and long-standing customers alike.
- Source of Hemp — All of the hemp that is used to create FAB CBD’s potent oils is organically grown and comes directly from Colorado. The brand also uses cutting edge growing and cloning equipment to make sure that the very best extracts are obtained from the hemp.
- About The CBD Oil — FAB CBD’s full-spectrum CBD oils come in tasty flavors like mint, berry, vanilla, citrus, and natural, and in strengths of 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 2400mg.
- Extraction Method — FAB CBD uses the industry preferred CO2 extraction method to obtain its extracts.
- Lab Testing — Transparency is of utmost importance to everyone at FAB CBD. Therefore, the brand hires ProVerde Laboratories, a third-party lab, to test all of its products for strength and purity. FAB CBD then makes all of those results public on its website.
- Pros — FAB CBD is very involved every step of the way in the creation process of all of its products. To that end, all of the ingredients are sourced from high quality clean, organic sources. Because of this, all of FAB CBD’s full-spectrum oils are clean and strong. When measured up against other brands, FAB CBD is one of the more affordable brands in the industry.
- Cons — The brand does not ship internationally.
NuLeaf Naturals has a strong reputation for creating high-potency full-spectrum products. Interestingly, the brand uses specially bred hemp plants that were created to be especially therapeutic. The brand’s organic hemp is grown on select Colorado farms. Moreover, NuLeaf Naturals is extremely involved in the creation process of all of its hemp products from seed to sale. In order to obtain all of its clean, potent hemp extracts, the brand uses the industry-preferred Co2 extraction process.
Product prices for NuLeaf Naturals are mid-range and absolutely reflect their high quality. NuLeaf Naturals also has an excellent customer service department, as reflected in the positive feedback from many verified, satisfied customers. The brand was founded in 2014 by a group of people with a love for plant medicine. Their vision paved the way for the brand’s top-quality line of CBD products that have been helping to support customers’ overall health and wellness.
- Source of Hemp — All of the brand’s organic hemp comes from select licensed farms in Colorado.
- About The CBD Oil — NuLeaf Naturals creates full-spectrum CBD oils in 300mg, 900mg, 1800mg, 3000mg, and 6000mg strengths. The oils come in a natural hemp flavor.
- Extraction Method — The brand uses the CO2 extraction method to obtain its extracts.
- Lab Testing — The brand believes in being highly transparent with its customers. To that end, it hires a third-party lab to test all of its products for purity and potency. The lab results can then be accessed by customers using a link that is published on the product pages of NuLeaf Naturals’ website.
- Pros — The brand has excellent product packaging — the bottles are crafted out of thick, tinted glass. NuLeaf Naturals also has an excellent reputation for being transparent, and for being a reliable brand that cares about creating clean, potent, effective products.
- Cons — The oils only come in a natural flavor, which can sometimes be off-putting to those who are new to taking CBD products, as it sometimes takes time to get used to the strong “hempy” scent of the oils.
Batch CBD proudly calls Wisconsin home. The founders, who hold combined degrees in business and chemical engineering, use science-driven formulations and functional botanical ingredients along with organic hemp extracts to craft pure and potent products. The brand’s founders, who were born in Wisconsin, have a strong belief in transparency. Because of this, they allow customers to call ahead and book tours of the Batch CBD lab facilities. Lastly, because the focus is on science and ingenuity, the list of ingredients used in the brand’s products is small.
- Source of Hemp — Batch CBD gets all of its organic hemp from local farms that are members of the Wisconsin Hemp Pilot Program.
- About The CBD Oil — The brand makes full-spectrum CBD oil in a unique line of blends that include Dream CBD Oil Tincture, Calm CBD Oil Tincture, Gold Reserve Blend, Original CBD Oil Tincture, and Clarity CBD Oil Tincture. The Dream CBD Oil, Clarity CBD Oil, and Calm CBD Oil tinctures come in strengths of 1000mg and 3000mg, the Gold Reserve comes in 4000mg strength, and the brand’s Original CBD Oil Tincture comes in 500mg, 1000mg, 2000mg, and 3000mg potencies.
- Extraction Method — The brand uses a custom ethanol extraction process.
- Lab Testing — All of Batch CBD’s products are tested by an accredited independent third-party lab.
- Pros — Batch CBD makes clean and potent products. Additionally, the brand celebrates its Wisconsin roots by working with
- Cons — Third-party lab reports are sometimes difficult to find on the Batch CBD website. Also, there’s only a natural flavor option for the brand’s CBD oils.
Premium Jane consistently works to educate consumers about the healing power of CBD through the creation of its high-quality products. All of the brand’s products are made using clean, organic hemp from Kentucky. All of Premium Jane’s extracts are obtained using the industry preferred CO2 extraction method, and the final products are routinely tested by an independent lab for potency and purity. Premium Jane takes pride in making unique, potent products that customers enjoy using time and again.
- Source of Hemp — Premium Jane uses regulated hemp from Kentucky to make its highly effective products.
- About The CBD Oil — Premium Jane makes full-spectrum CBD tinctures in 1000mg, 600mg, and 300mg Citrus flavor, Mint flavor, Natural flavor, and Mint Chocolate flavor. Additionally, the brand also makes 3000mg and 1000mg tinctures in Lemon Lime and Peach Nectar flavors.
- Extraction Method — The brand uses the CO2 extraction method.
- Lab Testing — All of Premium Jane’s products are tested by a third-party lab.
- Pros — Not only does Premium Jane offer free shipping on its products, it also has a strong variety of full-spectrum CBD tinctures.
- Cons — The brand has a lack of gluten free products in its lineup.
CBDistillery was founded in 2016 with the mission to create top-quality, fairly-priced CBD products for everyone. The brand’s ultimate vision is to bring CBD to the world. The team at CBDistillery value accountability, team work, respect, a can-do attitude, a drive to succeed, and an ability to enjoy your work. A group of Colorado natives founded the brand with the public’s best interest in mind. Because the brand’s founders saw a CBD market that was saturated with inferior, overpriced products, they sought to create a product line that was high-quality, fairly-priced, and that was made from clean, organic hemp grown in the United States. Additionally, they also wanted to educate the public about CBD and other alternative methods of wellness.
- Source of Hemp — CBDistillery uses non-GMO hemp that’s grown in Colorado.
- About The CBD Oil — CBDistillery offers full-spectrum, broad spectrum, and CBD isolate oils in strengths of 500mg, 1000mg, 2500mg, and 5000mg in natural or mango flavors.
- Extraction Method — The brand uses both organic ethanol and CO2 extraction methods.
- Lab Testing — Each product is lab tested for potency and quality, and QR codes are made available for customers to access third-party lab reports.
- Pros — CBDistillery crafts full-spectrum, broad spectrum, and CBD isolate products that are both gluten free and vegan.
- Cons — The brand’s oils only come in natural and mango flavors. Additionally, CBDistillery only ships its products within the United States.
Joy Organics was founded by Joy Smith in 2018. Smith had spent most of her life struggling with chronic pain and other health issues, and turned to CBD as a means of alleviating her pain. She also struggled with sleep issues that were a direct result of her other chronic health conditions. Smith found that CBD greatly helped calm her sleep difficulties as well as the other issues that stemmed from her health struggles.
After she tried a variety of different CBD brands, she found that they simply did not elicit the effects she was looking for. In light of that, she decided to launch her own CBD company and called it Joy Organics. The brand’s mission is to produce potent, effective, clean CBD products to customers in need. All these years later, Joy Organics is still well-known as a brand that creates potent and effective CBD products.
- Source of Hemp — Instead of growing its own hemp, the brand partners with growers and manufacturers from Montana, Oregon, and Colorado. Each of the growers have all been licensed by their state’s department of agriculture.
- About The CBD Oil — Joy Organics’ full-spectrum and broad spectrum oils come in Fresh Lime, Tranquil Mint, Orange Bliss, Summer Lemon, and unflavored options and in strengths of 450mg, 900mg, 1350mg, and 2250mg.
- Extraction Method — The brand uses food-grade ethanol extraction to obtain its extracts.
- Lab Testing — Joy Organics uses a third-party lab to test all of its products. The brand then publishes those results on its website where customers can find them.
- Pros — Joy Organics believes in being transparent with all of its customers and has a top-notch operation. The brand has a large product selection, and extensively tests those products regularly by employing a third-party laboratory.
- Cons — The brand uses a food-grade ethanol extraction method over the CO2 extraction method.
In 2016, CBDPure made its way into the industry with a mission to craft top-quality products that are regularly tested by a third-party lab for potency and purity. All of the brand’s products come with a 90-day, money-back guarantee. CBDPure creates full-spectrum products that are potent and devoid of dangerous chemicals. To that end, the brand’s hemp is regularly tested for pesticides, heavy metals, and other harmful, unwanted chemicals. Even though there are no flavor options available for its oils, CBDPure still has a solid selection of potencies for customers to choose from.
- Source of Hemp — The brand uses organic, non-GMO hemp from Colorado and Washington.
- About The CBD Oil — CBDPure makes unflavored full-spectrum CBD oils in strengths of 300mg, 600mg, and 1000mg.
- Extraction Method — CBDPure uses the industry preferred CO2 extraction method.
- Lab Testing — The brand uses an independent lab to test all of its products.
- Pros — CBDPure offers a variety of different CBD oil strengths.
- Cons — The brand doesn’t have any flavor options for its oils.
PlusCBD has been around since 2012 and considers itself to be a pioneer in the CBD industry. In fact, the brand goes above and beyond to make high-quality, safe, effective hemp oil CBD products. Everyone involved with the brand has worked to help shape the pathway towards the legalization of hemp-derived CBD products. The brand continues to build awareness and acceptance about the hemp plant and the many benefits associated with it.
The brand uses a third-party lab to regularly test all of its CBD products and is involved in the product creation from seed to sale. PlusCBD has a commitment to improve the well-being of people and of the planet. To that end, the brand believes that hemp has an unlimited future. Moreover, PlusCBD strives to enhance the health of its employees, customers, and communities through the responsible application of science and through innovation.
- Source of Hemp —CV sciences sources PlusCBD’s hemp extract and CBD ingredients from EU-certified hemp seeds by farmers with a strong history for cultivating high quality hemp. The hemp is grown using organic methods, and does not contain any herbicides, pesticides, or chemicals. Once the hemp is harvested, the plants undergo the Co2 extraction process to obtain clean extracts.
- About The CBD Oil —PlusCBD has a line of CBD sprays that come in 100mg and 500mg strengths. There also is 500mg unflavored maximum strength PlusCBD Drops, 250mg PlusCBD Drops, and 500mg PlusCBD Drops.
- Extraction Method — The brand uses the industry preferred CO2 extraction process.
- Lab Testing — The brand uses an independent third-party lab, DB Labs, to test all of its products for both purity and potency. Customers can then find those results on the PlusCBD website.
- Pros — The brand uses whole plant extracts, the dosing is flexible, and verified customer reviews report that the taste of the oils is superb. Customers also love the brand’s oils for their effectiveness for energy and focus.
- Cons — PlusCBD’s oils are fairly expensive, and the hemp source comes from overseas, which is not regulated in the same manner as hemp that comes from the United States.
MedTerra was founded by friends that shared a deep love of CBD. The founders feel that everyone should be able to take advantage of CBD’s many benefits, and so the brand strives to make sure that everyone has access to its products, regardless of financial circumstances. The team at MedTerra is involved in the product creation process from seed to sale. In fact, the brand also employs experts in vegetable genetics, quality control, food-grade compound extraction, and best hemp farming practices.
- Source of Hemp —MedTerra sources its non-GMO hemp from Kentucky.
- About The CBD Oil —MedTerra offers full-spectrum CBD oil Hemp Drops in strengths of 750mg, 1500mg, 3000mg and 6000mg in flavors of Citrus and Chocolate Mint.
- Extraction Method — The brand uses the industry preferred CO2 extraction process.
- Lab Testing — Each product is tested by an independent lab for potency and purity.
- Pros — MedTerra offers vegan products.
- Cons — Some of the flavor options for the brand’s oils are limited.
Laura Fuentes, a compounding pharmacist, started Green Roads in 2013 after successfully formulating CBD products that helped a dear friend struggling with health issues. Together, Fuentes and her friend created a line of CBD products that customers use to help improve their health and wellbeing. Today, the brand employs three pharmacists to oversee both product formulation and manufacturing. Green Roads creates broad spectrum, full-spectrum, and CBD isolate products.
- Source of Hemp —Green Roads sources its hemp from throughout the United States.
- About The CBD Oil —Green Roads makes Apple Kiwi Bliss Broad Spectrum CBD Oil in 1500mg, 750mg, and 300mg, Full-Spectrum CBD Oil in 1500mg, 750mg, and 300mg, Broad Spectrum CBD Oil in 1500mg, 750mg, and 300mg, Mint Breeze Broad Spectrum Oil in 1500mg, 750mg, and 300mg, and Sweet Sleep CBD Oil in 750mg.
- Extraction Method — The brand uses the industry preferred CO2 extraction process.
- Lab Testing — Each product is tested by a third-party lab.
- Pros — The brand crafts award-winning, diverse products. Additionally, third-party lab reports are easily accessible. Finally, Green Roads offers free shipping and rewards and referral programs.
- Cons — Currently, Green Roads does not offer international shipping. Another drawback is that there’s a lack of information available on the brand’s hemp sources.
What is CBD?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of the over 100 cannabinoids in the cannabis plant. When the hemp or marijuana plant — both cannabis plant varieties — are put through a specialized extraction process, all of the beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, and phytonutrients are removed. Once extracted, these parts are then blended with a medium-chain triglyceride oil, or MCT oil, like coconut oil. Next, some brands might choose to add natural flavorings to the oils so that the hemp plant’s earthy taste cannot be immediately detected. The hemp extracts are also made into other types of products like topical creams, softgels, salves, gummies, and even pet treats.
What is Considered a Strong CBD?
CBD oils come in many different flavors and strengths. Some of the more common strengths out on the market today are 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 2400mg. While lower strengths like 300mg and 600mg are great for helping maintain overall health and wellness, everyday stressors, and minor body discomforts, higher strengths like 1200mg and 2400mg are ideal for those dealing with more difficult health issues such as chronic pain, insomnia, depression, anxiety, and other tough conditions.
How to Determine the Strength of CBD Oil
While it’s great to know about the different strengths of CBD oils, it’s also important to learn about the amount in milligrams. As stated before, if you are new to CBD, it’s best to begin with lower milligrams of CBD like 300mg or 600mg and then gradually increase to higher strengths as needed. For 300mg bottles of CBD oil, one serving would be 1ml, 20 drops of oil, or 10mg. Likewise, for 600mg bottles, a single dose would also be 1ml or 20 drops, but because the strength is higher, the single serving dose would come out to 20mg. Finally, for 1000mg of CBD oil, one serving would be 1ml, 20 drops, or roughly 33mg of CBD.
Think of it this way: lower strengths are great for general health and minor issues, while middle strengths like 600mg work for minor aches and pains, anxiety, depression, and other minor ailments. Finally, stronger strengths like 1200mg or 2400mg are perfect for chronic pain, arthritis, and other more severe health issues. As stated earlier, the strength of the oil you choose will be decided by your health and wellness needs as well as health issues that you are trying to get a handle on.
What Type of CBD Oil is Best for You: Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum, or CBD Isolate?
Aside from different oil strengths, there are also different varieties of CBD oils. The three main varieties of oils are full-spectrum, broad spectrum, and CBD isolate. Full-spectrum oils contain all of the beneficial terpenes, cannabinoids, and phytonutrients that the hemp plant has to offer These oils contain the two main cannabinoids of CBD, or cannabidiol, and THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol. While CBD will not cause any feelings of euphoria, THC in large quantities does. Thankfully, the 2018 Farm Bill states that all CBD products derived from the hemp plant containing 0.3% THC can be legally sold and bought throughout the United States. Since the hemp plant naturally contains less than 0.3%, there is no way that anyone can get high from full-spectrum CBD products. These types of products can, however, cause you to fail a drug test.
Broad spectrum products are very much like full-spectrum products in that they also contain all of the beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, and phytonutrients of the hemp plant, but do not contain any THC in them. So, if you have concerns about THC or if you are subject to regular drug testing through work, then broad spectrum products are a good option for you. Both full-spectrum and broad spectrum products work with the body’s own endocannabinoid system that functions to bring the body back into a state of homeostasis, or balance. While the body creates its own endocannabinoids, introducing cannabinoids through full-spectrum or broad spectrum products can help give the endocannabinoid system a boost.
Some of the systems and functions that the endocannabinoid system helps to regulate are:
- Chronic Pain
- Motor control
- Muscle Formation
- Liver function
- Skin and Nerve Function
Finally, CBD isolate products contain only 99% pure CBD, as all of the other parts of the hemp plant have been filtered out. CBD isolate products are great for those who simply want to take CBD to help boost their general health. CBD isolate products are made by first extracting hemp oil from the hemp plant. The extract is then put through another process that refines it and separates all of the other parts of the hemp plant – terpenes, cannabinoids, etc. What comes out of this process is a crystalized form of CBD that is 99% pure. CBD isolate products do not contain any THC, and are sometimes easier for beginners to consume. Keep in mind, however, that with CBD isolate products, you will not have any interaction with the body’s endocannabinoid system. Likewise, they will not cause what’s known as the entourage effect within the body.
The entourage effect happens with full-spectrum products where CBD and THC work in a synergistic way to boost each other’s positive effects while dampening each other’s negative effects. For example, THC can sometimes cause nausea when taken in large quantities. When an equal amount of CBD is taken with THC, the CBD will stop the cannabinoid from causing nausea. This is especially helpful in marijuana-based pharmaceutical medications like Sativex. The prescription drug, which is only available and approved for use in the UK, contains roughly 48mg of THC, which is an extremely high amount. This amount could cause people to experience psychosis, however, it also contains the same amount of CBD which helps to counteract this negative side effect from happening in those who take the medication. Since CBD isolate products do not contain any THC, terpenes, or other cannabinoids and phytonutrients, there is no way for the entourage effect to take place within the body.
At the end of the day, the best CBD oil for you is the one that works best for all of your overall health and wellness needs. Remember, when it comes to the CBD oil variety, you will get more benefits out of full-spectrum products because they contain all of the cannabinoids, terpenes, and other phytonutrients of the hemp plant that are wonderful for your health.
Moreover, you should purchase products from reputable brands that use third-party labs to test their products for potency and effectiveness. Brands that use third-party labs also put out a clear message to both customers and potential customers that they care deeply about being transparent.
Finally, hemp source is also extremely important in choosing the best CBD oil for yourself. In searching for a reputable CBD oil brand, you should look for ones who use organic hemp sourced from the United States over ones who use hemp grown overseas. Hemp that’s cultivated and grown overseas is not subjected to the same rules and regulations as hemp that’s grown and sourced in the United States.
How To Use CBD Oil
CBD oil is fairly simple to use once you get the hang of it. If you are new to using CBD oil, then you should definitely start low and go slow when it comes to dosing. If you are unsure of where to begin, start with a 600mg bottle of CBD oil. Just like with any new supplement or medication, your body needs time to get used to both the CBD oil as well as the dosage.
Once you’ve received your bottle, begin with a half a dropper full of oil once a day. This will roughly equal about 20mg of oil a day. Stick with this dose for one week before checking in with yourself to see how you’re feeling. If you need to increase the dose, then take a half a dropper full of CBD oil twice a day. This will now be 20mg of oil twice a day, or 40mg of oil a day. Stay with this dose for one week before checking in with yourself once again. Increase gradually like this until you have found the perfect dose for your overall needs. Keep in mind that you can always go up to a higher oil strength if needed. Not everyone’s body is the same, so the dose that works well for you might not work so well for someone else.
CBD Oil Dosage
Typically, higher bottle doses of 1200mg and 2400mg are considered strong doses of CBD. As stated earlier, these doses are typically reserved for people struggling with more difficult health issues like chronic pain, arthritis, Crohn’s disease, and other tough medical conditions. A strong dose of CBD might feel strong to one person, but might not feel that strong to someone else. As mentioned earlier, this is because everyone’s body is different and will respond differently to both the CBD and the dose.
How to Shop for Strong CBD Oil
CBD strength matters greatly if you have health issues that you are trying to calm down through the use of CBD oil. While oils come in an array of strengths, the potency you choose depends largely on what your health and wellness goals are. For example, if you have minor aches and pains, or are trying to simply boost your general wellness, then 300mg or 600mg oils should do the trick. Lower potencies like 300mg are also great for people who are new to, or who are sensitive to CBD.
Potencies like 600mg are commonly used to help with stress, anxiety, depression, and some minor chronic aches and pains. Some mild aches and inflammation are great to use this strength of oil for.
If, however, you’re trying to calm down larger issues such as arthritis, insomnia, chronic migraines, or deep chronic pain, then stronger potencies such as 1200mg or 2400mg are what you’ll want to choose. If you choose the wrong potency, then you might not achieve the results you are looking for. Remember, your body size also matters when choosing a CBD potency. If you are taller and heavier, then you will most likely require more potent products. Smaller individuals, however, should probably stick with lower potencies and then build up over time if needed.
The Pros and Cons of Using High-Strength CBD Oils
As with any natural supplement, there will also be both pros and cons to using high-strength CBD oils. Mostly, high potency CBD oils are a great option for individuals who have been using CBD oils for a long period of time and who are trying to calm down difficult health issues. Some common pros and cons of high potency CBD oils are as follows:
- You can easily control the dose
- You can take a larger dose if needed without using up your entire bottle
- The stronger dose will last for a longer period of time once taken
- The prices of higher potency oils tends to be a bit higher
Benefits of CBD Oil
CBD, one of the over 100 cannabinoids in the hemp and marijuana plants, has many scientifically documented benefits. A host of studies have discovered CBD’s ability to effectively tackle tough health conditions. In fact, studies show that CBD can:
Scientists are still studying the effects and benefits of CBD, and are still learning more about the cannabinoid’s many health benefits. As always, if you have a medical condition and are looking to supplement with CBD to help calm down some of the issues that stem from it, you might want to schedule a phone call with your health care professional or specialist. Once at your appointment, you can discuss your questions and concerns in depth to find out if regular use of CBD oil is right for you.
Risks and Side Effects of CBD Oil
CBD oil has very minor side effects associated with it. Mostly, it is well tolerated and safe to take for most individuals. Some minor side effects that can be experienced are:
- Changes in appetite
- Changes in weight
If you’re on a prescription medication that has a “grapefruit warning” associated with it, then you might want to consult with your medical professional or specialist before adding CBD oil to your health regimen. Medications with grapefruit warnings typically interfere with the way that the body metabolizes them if grapefruit is eaten or grapefruit juice is consumed along with them. CBD acts in the same way as grapefruit or grapefruit juice does with these certain medications. Both CBD and grapefruit/grapefruit juice can cause too much of the medication to enter into the bloodstream, which can lead to overdosing or other harmful issues. Again, use care and always consult with your primary care physician or medical specialist before combining CBD with any prescription medication.
Below are some of the most commonly asked questions among those who are new to the world of CBD. If we haven’t addressed your question within this section, then please feel free to do your own research so that you can find the best answer to your unanswered question.
Is CBD Oil Safe?
The great news is that CBD oil is generally considered safe among researchers and scientists. There are, however, a few mild side effects associated with CBD. Likewise, if you’re taking prescription medication that comes with a grapefruit warning, then you may want to rethink taking CBD altogether. Furthermore, if you have any questions or concerns about CBD, then you might want to reach out to your primary care doctor or medical specialist.
Can I Get High From CBD Oil?
Under the 2018 Farm Bill, only hemp-based CBD products that contain 0.3% or less THC are legal to buy and sell throughout the United States. Because the THC level is so low in these types of products, there’s no way that you can get “high” from taking them.
What Happens if You Consume Too Much CBD Oil?
Scientific studies have shown that CBD doses of up to 1,500mg per day can be well-tolerated, however, each person is different. So while taking too much CBD won’t cause any dangerous side effects, it may cause nausea, diarrhea, sleepiness, dry mouth, or stomach upset.
Are Stronger CBD Oils Preferable?
If you’re trying to get a handle on or calm down a difficult health issue like arthritis or Crohn’s Disease, then you’ll want to go with a stronger potency of CBD oil. As we stated earlier, lower strengths are excellent for supporting general health and wellbeing.
What is the Most Potent Form of CBD?
Any type of CBD product that can immediately enter into your bloodstream is most likely the most potent form of CBD. For example, vaping CBD leads the way because the CBD directly enters into your bloodstream through your lungs. Next in line is CBD oil. When you take CBD oil, it gets into your bloodstream through the thin membranes under your tongue and in your mouth.
When is the Best Time to Take CBD Oil?
When taking CBD oil, you should remain as consistent as possible. This will ensure that you’re getting the most benefits out of it as possible. While some people are good with only taking CBD oil in the morning, others need to take it in the morning and the evening. Still, others may find that they need to supplement their twice daily oil routine with a CBD gummy in the afternoon. So the short answer is, take your CBD oil at whatever time of day works best for you.
Where to Buy CBD Oil?
Even though it’s easy to buy CBD oil from the local store down the street, you’ll be better off buying it online from a trusted and respected brand. Shopping for CBD oil online affords you as much time as you need to deeply research brands, products, and CBD in general. Moreover, reputable online brands offer coupon codes, special programs, and subscription services.
Final Thoughts on the Strongest CBD Oils
CBD oil has a host of benefits associated with it. Along with coming in different flavors, the oils also come in different strengths and potencies. Typically, 300mg strengths are great for minor health issues like intermittent insomnia or to help boost your overall health and wellness. Strengths like 600mg, 1200mg, and 2400mg are better for using on tougher conditions like insomnia, depression, chronic pain, arthritis, crohn’s disease, and anxiety, among others. The strength of the oil you choose will depend greatly on both your wellness goals and also on what health conditions you are trying to treat or alleviate.
When it comes to choosing CBD oil brands, it pays to research any and all brands that spark your interest. You should carefully look into the source of hemp, whether the brand uses an independent third-party lab to routinely test all of its products for potency and purity, whether or not the brand publishes those results on its website, verified customer reviews, and any write-ups by both CBD journalists and industry experts. While it might be tempting to go with cheaper CBD oil products, it’s safer to purchase a product from a reputable brand that may be a little more pricey. Typically, brands who sell cheap CBD oils cut corners by using hemp that’s been grown with harmful pesticides, herbicides, and other dangerous chemicals.
High potency CBD oils can be a great addition to your natural supplement regimen. In order to find the right brand and the right product for you, it pays to take the time and the effort into researching everything you can about both the CBD oil as well as the brand. In starting with CBD oil in general, it’s best to start by taking the smallest dose possible and then gradually increasing week by week. Lastly, if you have questions or concerns about incorporating CBD oil into your health and wellness regimen, do not hesitate to call your primary care physician or medical specialist.
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.