View the original article about If CBD Oil Can Prevent Aging at CBD Rubs.
CBD-infused skin care products are being marketed for everything from acne to wrinkles. Is there, however, a real benefit, or is this just a marketing bluster? Let us discover the most important CBD facts and how it helps with anti-aging and wrinkles.
CBD, also known as cannabidiol, is a non-intoxicating component of marijuana or hemp plants. The term “CBD oil” refers to a combination of CBD powder and an oil, such as coconut, hemp, or olive oil, to improve application and effectiveness.
CBD oil used in skin care will not get you high because it lacks tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. It is extracted from the stalks, leaves, flowers, or stems of the hemp plant, which contain very little THC (often so low it cannot be detected by testing equipment).
Before discussing how CBD affects wrinkles, it’s important to understand how wrinkles form in the first place.
To begin with, the proteins collagen and elastin are in charge of preventing wrinkles and maintaining a smooth skin surface. Skin firmness declines over time as collagen production declines. Because of this biological process, older people are more likely to have visible lines and wrinkles.
Another factor is reduced oil production in the skin which makes it more difficult to maintain its ideal moisture levels. As a result, elastin levels decrease, resulting in wrinkles.
Wrinkles can also be caused by:
- hormone concentration (menopause)
- sunlight exposure
- smoking and drinking
- The antioxidant properties of CBD help reduce visible signs of aging when applied topically. CBD anti-aging creams reduce wrinkles by preventing free radical damage and reducing inflammation.
- CBD aids by compensating for age-related reductions and balancing the body’s inherent capacity to create cannabinoids through the endocannabinoid system.
- CBD affects the endocannabinoid system and may increase the face’s normal oil production. CBD helps maintain high levels of skin moisture by encouraging the production of natural oil, which promotes healthy and supple skin.
- Additionally, CBD users claim to get better sleep, which is very helpful for preserving a youthful appearance and for smoothing out facial skin.
CBD oil can benefit the skin if it is extracted correctly. However, little research has been conducted, and there is insufficient concrete information to draw firm conclusions. Before utilizing any CBD products, make sure that you speak with your doctor. Be on the safe side, always follow your doctor’s advice when using CBD oil for wrinkles.
Learn more about The Benefits Of CBD at CBD Rubs.
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.